Monday, September 10, 2007

2007 Triathlon success!

Well the 2007 triathlon season is over for me and it was great!!
I completed both my half ironman races and qualified for the Provincial Long Course Championships and the Provincial Team!! This was quite unexpected but a testiment to all my hard work in the gym rehabilitating my injuries.
I continued to race the Kelowna Apple Triathlon and placed fifth in my age group missing a spot for the 2008 World Championships by 30seconds!! A little disappointed but more motivated to do better next time!! I also raced the Vancouver Triathlon Olympic Distance race on Sept. 3 the day after my 7th anniversary. I managed to place 3rd in my age group after a very cold swim, a fun bike ride around Stanley Park and a difficult 10km. I enjoyed the day while my husband cheered me on.
Now I have the fall to work on my running speed and enjoy the mountain bike trails.
I am in the process of planning my 2008 season and my next IM.
I am excited about training and racing another IM.
Thanks to all my sponsors this year, Northshore Athletics, Snow Covers, Sugio Brand Champions and my husband Paul!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home